NeoResearch is an independent community, which receives support, nowadays, exclusively, from the Neo Foundation.
The main goal is to assist the Neo community with the development of groundbreaking research for the Neo Blockchain Ecosystem, testing, analyzing and investigating different components and tools developed and in use by the community.
Challenge brief description
The focus of this competition will be limited to awarding concise statical reports, focused on Neo blockchain bottlenecks and interesting time aspects. However, participants are encouraged to go further. We do not discard the possibility of increasing the reward for outstanding findings.
NeoResearch team will do their best to ensure that a wide public can participate in the competition. A didactic and, hopefully, simple guidelines will be provided in order to motivate everyone to try out their scientific nature.
This statistical and optimization competition is going to award, at least, 600 NEO.
Basically, the competition will run in two different rounds:
- R1) 1st Round - Time to be creative:
- Participants are encouraged to use NeoResearch/NeoCompiler Eco(system) framework for playing with proof-of-bullets tests and report their finding. However, other types of analyses are welcomed;
- 2 NEO will be awarded to the best 50 reports.
- R2) 2nd Round - The power of replications
- Our team will revise all entries and forward crossed experiments to be replicated by participants. At least, two different batches of experiments may reach each participant;
- 4 NEO will be awarded to the best 50 reports.
Finally, the three best reports will be awarded with 100 NEO each. Outstanding incentives and other prizes may also be awarded.
In each of these two rounds, participants are encouraged to release their researching spirit, being critic and, at the same time, “blinded”.
- Registration will be open from June/July, 2018;
- First round of reports are expected to be submitted by the end of August;
- Second batch of replicated experiments, and consequently, second reports are expect to be summited by middle/end of September;
- Prizes will be awarded in the beginning of October.